Below is an email interview with Amelia Ellis. All interviews are published unedited.
- Your tracks have a diverse mixture of styles, how would you describe your tracks?
To describe the songs I’ve written myself, my style, they’re all quite different but I have a few ballads which are similar to 'Falling' as there’s quite a similar build-up in them in that they start quite basic with just piano and vocals, except the other ballads are more traditional power-ballady love songs, unlike 'Falling'.
There are three styles, I suppose, as there are a few album tracks which are pop song arrangements with a lot of backing vocals going on. I spend ages in the studio on these! And then there are a few dance tracks, like 'Nostalgia', which I absolutely cannot take all the credit for! My producer Ian and I spent a lot of time working on this track, and it’s getting remixed with a very different sound altogether so I can’t wait to hear it.
- I have two favorite tracks 'Falling' and 'Nostalgia' which track are you most proud of?
- I believe you are going to play live, how is that coming along?
- Who has had the biggest influence on you songs?
- Is there anything exciting happening in the near future?
Questions by This Window